The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Challenge.

I've found myself facing a dilemma. I want to get down to 100 possessions, but I'm also really into this 'reuse/recycle/refurb' mindset, so it's hard to let go of things. But that's what most of it is: things. And I'm starting to be able to take a step back, and ask myself if I really need that 55th shirt, or would 54 maybe be ok?

I know I said I was going to post my original list of things, and I could, because I typed it all up. However I'm up to about 600 things right now, which would make for a disgustingly long post. So I'll just summarize and say that I'm estimating I have close to 100 shirts (?!) and 500 other things that I probably don't need.
Wow.

But I've already gotten rid of over 50 things.
Progress feels good.


In other news, I finally organized pictures of my quilts! I'm still missing pictures of my very first quilt, so as soon as I get those I'll start putting them all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment