The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, May 14, 2012

Inspiration

I read the Design*Sponge blog pretty much every day,  and I'm constantly finding inspiration there- usually for re-upholstering furniture, or redecorating my room.. The other day I came across the most beautiful gallery of quilts:
I've never seen quilts like this, most of the quilt blogs I've read are all about traditional patterns, paper piecing, precision techniques...but these are completely different. I love her style, the color combinations, the vintage fabrics she used...it all looks so comfortable. I feel like after a hot summer day, I'd want to wrap up in one of her quilts and sit in a hammock by a lake as the evening cools off...

*****************

The internet is full of awesome things. Have you ever found a picture of something you'd like to make, saved it for inspiration, and then never again been able to find the site you found it on? I have dozens of folders of pictures just like that, and I'm finding it incredibly annoying that I didn't keep track of my sources.
I'm slowwwly going through all of them, trying to re-locate each picture, each tutorial.. so I can keep track of them all on Pinterest.
So if you need some inspiration, or just want to look at pretty quilts, check out what inspires me:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment