The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crazy quilt.



Finally! A post about quilts! Here is a picture of the very first quilt I made. I just put it back on my bed this week and it instantly felt like summer (despite the un-summerlike weather).
I made this quilt during my senior year of high school, about three years ago. I got the idea after I found a quilt that I had helped my mom make when I was really little. The color was obviously inspired by the orange wall in my room, and I really love how the green contrasts with it. It brightens up the room instantly.
I worked without a pattern, and found that I really liked not planning it all out first. It took several months to make the front, a few days to make the back and assemble the layers, and then another few weeks to get through handstitching all the edges.

1 comment:

  1. I want one of these!!!! These quilts are AMAZING, JASMINE!!! I'm so jealous of your abilities to make these!

    ReplyDelete