The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A new quilt!

I started a new quilt a couple weeks ago. Same style as my others, but a totally different color scheme. I usually go for bright, spunky colors and prints (especially the batiks) but this one was inspired by a blue silk bathrobe that I've been dying to cut up and a whole bunch of blue and brown vintage floral prints. The silk is proving to be difficult to work with, especially since I've only worked with cotton before, but I like the challenge. And I love how it looks.
I've been messing around with the layout of this for a few weeks and finally ended up with one I liked. So for my first official Project Thursday, last week I finally unpacked all of my sewing stuff (which had been untouched since the move home) and got to work. It's been over a year since I made one of these quilts- the last one I made was a baby quilt for my best friend, last summer. Pictures of that will be up soon.
I was a little intimidated about starting another big, crazy quilt, because I was having such a hard time picking fabrics and laying it all out, but it got easier once I started sewing. Unfortunately, it is 10pm and this Thursday has been fairly uncreative. (Not to say that it hasn't been productive, though.) I guess I'll have to have Project Friday this week, instead.

In other news, I think I've finally got everything unpacked from the move. And almost all of it is organized. (I'm such a Virgo.) It's been so satisfying to go through everything, again. I'm up to 8 full trash bags of things to sell at the family yard sale this summer. It looks like my entire family is going to be contributing to the sale- it's going to be huge. We're aiming for Saturday of Memorial Day weekend...more on that as it gets closer.

New favorite song: When I'm With You, by Best Coast. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment