The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Three Quilts for Christmas.

For Christmas gifts in 2008, my sister and I made a total of five quilts. We finished three of them on Christmas eve. My sister made one for her boyfriend and we each helped out to make one for our mom, one for mom's boyfriend, and one for our dad. I also made one in the fall, for my boyfriend. It was the most awesome feeling to watch as they all opened their presents and know that we had made them. I'm really looking forward to giving more of these as gifts.

I chose the colors for my mom's quilt based on the six chakras: Root (red), Sacrum (orange), Solar Plexus (yellow), Heart (green), Throat (blue), Third Eye (purple), Crown (white). I really didn't want a bright rainbow quilt, though, so I used more earthy, muted colors, and I love the result. It's backed in maroon flannel and filled with all natural cotton batting.

I made this quilt as a present for my boyfriend, using his favorite colors. It is queen sized and backed with soft flannel, a new idea because it was made when the weather was turning chilly. I unfortunately never got a better picture of the finished quilt. I hope he kept it.
Pictures of Rose's quilt for Tyler can be found on our other quilt blog, here:

As of right now we seem to be missing pictures of the quilts we made for Rick and our Dad. If I come across them though, I'll be sure to post them.


* * *
New music recommendation: Shpongle.

No comments:

Post a Comment